HIV-1 TREATMENT REGIMENS
POWERED BY DOLUTEGRAVIR AT THE CORE
When prescribing an INSTI in an HIV-1 treatment, choose a dolutegravir-based regimen
Indications and Usage
TIVICAY is a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI) indicated in combination with:
- other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults and pediatric patients weighing at least 30 kg
- rilpivirine as a complete regimen for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults to replace the current antiretroviral regimen in those who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 copies per mL) on a stable antiretroviral regimen for ≥6 months with no history of treatment failure or known substitutions associated with resistance to either antiretroviral agent
Proven high barrier to resistance
in treatment-naïve and treatment-experienced patients with baseline resistance1-5
LEARN MORE ABOUT TIVICAY
Explore treatment-naïve and treatment-experienced clinical trials that included dolutegravir-based regimens
- Walmsley S, Baumgarten A, Berenguer J, et al. Dolutegravir plus abacavir/lamivudine for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in antiretroviral therapy-naive patients: week 96 and week 144 results from the SINGLE randomized clinical trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015;70:515-519.
- Raffi F, Jaeger H, Quiros-Roldan E, et al; on behalf of the SPRING-2 Study Group. Once-daily dolutegravir versus twice-daily raltegravir in antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1 infection (SPRING-2 study): 96 week results from a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13(11):927-935.
- Molina J-M, Clotet B, van Lunzen J, et al. Once-daily dolutegravir versus darunavir plus ritonavir for treatment-naive adults with HIV-1 infection (FLAMINGO): 96 week results from a randomized, open-label, phase 3b study. Lancet HIV. 2015;2:e127-e136.
- Cahn P, Pozniak AL, Mingrone H, et al; on behalf of the extended SAILING Study Team. Dolutegravir versus raltegravir in antiretroviral-experienced, integrase-inhibitor-naive adults with HIV: week 48 results from the randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority SAILING study. Lancet. 2013;382(9893):700-708.
- Sax PE, Pozniak A, Montes ML, et al. Coformulated bictegravir, emtricitabine, and tenofovir alafenamide versus dolutegravir with emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide, for initial treatment of HIV-1 infection (GS-US-380–1490): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2017;390(10107):2073-2082.
DEEPER LOOK AT TIVICAY
Questions about TIVICAY?
Reach out to a ViiV representative.
Learn more about the programs available for newly prescribed patients